Chevening Scholarship Application Process
Begin your academic journey in the UK. It’s a good thing! The Chevening Scholarship is now open. In this article, we’ll provide a detailed explanation of this award, its benefits for applicants and step-by-step application procedure.
Chevening Scholarship 2022-2023 will be a completely funded masters ‘ scholarship for international students. Chevening Scholarship will cover tuition costs and a living allowance per month and the return flight of economy class to the UK in addition to allowances and grants to pay for essential expenses.
Chevening gives the next generation of leaders and influencers all over the world with a unique opportunity to improve their professional and academically, connect with a wide range of people and get to learn about UK traditions, and build lasting, beneficial relationships in the UK. Chevening is an international awards system run by the UK government, which aims to create leaders from around the world. There will be approximately 1500 scholarships offered across the world.
The Chevening Awards are funded through The Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and other partner organizations, Chevening provides two kinds of scholarships-Chevening Scholarships as well as Chevening Fellowships. They are awarded to recipients who have been personally selected around the world by British high commissions and embassies.
Chevening Scholarship Summary
- The level of study: Masters
- Institution(s): UK Universities
- Studied in theUK
- Courses offered: Full-time taught Masters Degree Program in any area.
- Program Duration: Depends on the chosen program, but not more than a year of postgraduate course.
- Chevening Scholarship Deadline: November 2, 2021
Chevening Scholarship Coverage
Chevening Scholarship 2022 provides the winner with the following advantages:
- University tuition costs.
- A monthly allowance.
- Costs of travel for travel to and from the UK.
- An arrival allowance.
- A homeward departure allowance.
- Cost of one visa application.
- A travel grant for Chevening Events within the UK.
The eligibility criteria for Chevening Scholarship
In order to be considered for Chevening Scholarships applicants must satisfy the following requirements:
- Required Languages: English
- Countries that are eligible:The scholarships are targeted to residents of countries that are eligible for Chevening. Check out the official website for the complete list of countries that are eligible for Chevening scholarship.
- Return to the home country for a minimum period of two years following the time your scholarship has expired
- Completed all of the components required for an undergraduate diploma which allows you to get admission to a postgraduate program at an UK university at the time you apply. This usually corresponds of an upper 2nd-class honours diploma in the UK however, it may differ dependent on the course you choose and your university of choice.
- At minimum 2 years (equivalent to about 2,800 minutes) or more work knowledge.
- Apply to three suitable UK university programs and received an unconditional acceptance from one of these courses before July 14, 2022.
You’re not eligible for an Chevening Scholarship if you:
- You are a holder of British or double British citizenship (unless you are a resident of the British Overseas Territory or hold BN(O) and you are applying to apply from Hong Kong).
- Have refugee status in a country that is not Chevening eligible. Citizens of a country that is Chevening eligible and have refugee status in a country that is Chevening eligible can be eligible for a grant.
- Are employees, a ex-employee, or a parentto the Her Majesty’s Government or were in the past two years since the commencement of applications for Chevening (including British embassies/high commissions; the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy; Department for International Trade and The Ministry of Defence; Ministry of Defence; and the Home Office), or an employee or a member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities.
- Former employees, employees or family members of employees of Chevening Partner organizations are eligible for the award However, if your employment was completed in the past two years, then you are not eligible to be awarded an award. Chevening Partner Recognition Award by the organization that you work for in the past, worked previously or were affiliated with through relatives.
- Have studied previously in the UK using the UK government-funded scholarship.
How do I apply to be considered for Chevening Scholarship?
Follow the steps below to apply for the Chevening Scholarship:
- Select the country you wish to visit by clicking here Then select Chevening Scholarship.
- Register your account here.
- Create your profile by filling in your personal information, then save the information, and then verify your profile. Once you have validated your profile, you can start your application.
- Answer the questions to ensure that you are eligible to be considered for the Scholarship.
- Complete the application form with the necessary information and then prepare the necessary documents:
- Completed education documents.
- English language qualification.
- Offers of conditional acceptance for programs of study (up up to 3).
- Unconditional offers to students for proposed studies (up of three) (You must upload at minimum one unconditional offer prior to the 14th of July, 2022).
- References (If you are selected for an interview, you will be asked to submit two references. The deadline for submission is February 22nd, 2022).
- Passport or ID document.
- Complete the application.
For more information about Chevening Scholarships, visit the Chevening’s official website: