Cullman Center Fellowships for Scholarship in USA The Dorothy and Lewis B. Cullman Center for Scholars and Writers solicits applications for an international Cullman Center fellowship programme in 2022.
The application is open to anyone who’s work would benefit from the collection in the Stephen A. Schwarzman Building, which includes individuals who are independent researchers or creative writing (novelists and playwrights, poets,).
Visual artists working on a book are also eligible to apply. The Center selects 15 Fellows every year to serve for nine months at the Library between September and May.
Apart from developing their individual projects they also Fellows participate in a continuous discussion within the Center as well as at public forums across the Library.
Value of Cullman Center Fellowship
- The Cullman Center Fellow obtains an allowance up to $75,000, access to an office equipped with a computer, as well as all access to the library’s electronic and physical library resources.
- Fellows are employed in the Center for the duration of the Fellowship duration that begins in September through May.
- Every Fellow provides an update during lunchtime on their current project to fellow Fellows and to a wide selection of visitors invited to the lunch and is also invited to take part in other events in The New York Public Library.
Value of Cullman Center Fellowship
- An Cullman Center Fellow obtains an allowance of up to $75,000, possibility of a desk with a computer, as well as full access to library’s electronic and physical sources.
- Fellows are employed in the Center during the duration of the Fellowship duration that begins in September through May.
- Every Fellow provides an update during lunchtime on the current work in progress to fellow Fellows and to a wide variety of guests and are also able to be part of other programs within The New York Public Library.
Inadmissibility to Cullman Center Fellowship
- Cullman’s Selection Committee grants fifteen Cullman Center Fellowship annual awards to exceptional scholars and writers, independent journalists, academics, researchers and creative writers (playwrights novelists, novelists, poets) translators, visual artists.
- Foreign nationals who are familiar with English are invited to apply. The applicants who are selected for the Fellowship program must mostly work in the Stephen A. Schwarzman Building and not at different divisions within the Library.
- Anyone looking to fund research that leads to a degree, are not trained.
- The Cullman Center looks for top-quality writing. It is aiming to improve communication on scholarship and literature at the top of the line — within the Center and in the public forums across the Library and also in the published work.
Application Process to be a Cullman Center Fellowship
- The application process to this program on their website
- Once you’ve created a login after which you can return and make changes in your profile at any point until the time you submit your application.
- In order to be able to utilize this online app, we recommend that you have the latest versions of Google Chrome, Internet Explorer as well as Mozilla Firefox.
- If you are not able to log in or have any concerns, questions, or difficulties, get in touch with (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Fellows are expected to be employed within the Cullman Center during the length of the Fellowship award period. They may not have any other professional obligations throughout the duration of the award.
Some Fellows could have previous obligations, but they are expected to limit their research trips and attendance at gatherings for scholarly research or speaking engagements to short periods of duration.
Any Fellow who must be away for more than two consecutive days should notify the Director of the Center or the the Deputy Director.
The Library will provide allowances at a pro-rata rate for Fellows who spend a significant amount in the absence of the Center. Cullman Center Fellowship awards will not be granted for research projects to postdoctoral fellows or candidates who are doing dissertation research at graduate school.
Date of Application
The application process is now available for 2022-2023 Cullman Center Fellowship. The application deadline is 5PM EST on Friday September 24, 2021.
The Cullman Center will not take dossier letters in lieu of references. Finished applications and supporting materials–Curriculum Vitae, research proposal, letters of reference, and creative writing sample or artwork sample–have to be submitted by 5 p.m. EDT on September 24, 2021.